Solo trip around Italy n.2 - Itinerary for Verona and Venice

Hey guys! 😊
I am back with new post about my Solo trip around Italy. This time I am going to talk about Verona and Venice, so hope you will enjoy it! 

Verona 

This city was honestly one of my most favourite destinations. I've dreamed to go here for a long time, and I wasn't disappointed. As you know from my previous post I came here by train from Brescia.

To say something about Verona. This city is located in northern Italy between Milan and Venice. As you probably know, it is a known for the Romeo and Juliet's play. This place is full of historical buildings, small streets, river with bridges and many beautiful views. 

Accommodation - I chose shared Airbnb apartment in area named Veronetta, which is out of the centre, but still about 5 minutes from the historical part. This was perfect - cheaper than in the centre and still nearby. You can contact me for more details. 

What to see - Castel San Pietro - You cannot go inside the castle, but I think from there is the best view on the city. You can get there on foot or use the funicular for 2,50€ for return ticket. Verona arena - it's not worth the money to go inside, better from outside by my opinion. Juliet's house, Piazza delle Erbe - it is a square full of restaurants, bars and markets located in the central part. On the square is also a tower (Torre dei Lambreti) from where you can see the centre of Verona. Piazza Bra is the main square where most of the restaurants are located and also the Verona arena.  

What to eat/drink - I mostly ate in my Airbnb, but there are some well rated restaurants with the traditional food of Verona. I tried their Amarone risotto, it's cooked with the local red wine. Other meals to try - Risotto with Tastasal, Gnocchi, Pastssada de caval and much more. They also have really good wine such as Amarone della Valpolicella, Arcole or Custoza. Verona is full of hidden restaurants and bars filled with locals, nice to talk to!

Approximate days - 2-3 days. This city is also good for longer stay, because it has really magic atmosphere by my opinion. 

My review - 👍My favourite destination, kind people, suitable for probably everyone (Bars, rich life, but also calm places around river), full of history and good atmosphere. 👎Unfortunately sometimes full of people. 

Pictures

1. View from the Castel San Pietro on the city

2. Bridge - Ponte Pietra

3.  Arena of Verona

4. Piazza delle Erbe

5. Juliet's house

6. Amarone risotto




Venice

Venice is a city with about 100 of small islands, the most visited is the historical part. It is surrounded by water canals and bridges that connect the neighbourhood. It offers full of small authentic places, restaurants, bars and shops. 

Curiosity - From 2022 there will be a fee to enter the city. It is mainly because Venice is getting really overcrowded and the city slowly disappears, so they want to slow down the process. 

Accommodation - I visited this city only for one day trip from Verona, so I can't recommend anything here.

What to see - Ponte di Rialto - its probably the most famous bridge crossing the Grand Canal, St. Marks square with the Basilica and Kampanila tower. It is worth to visit the Burano island with all the coloured houses. The Doge's palace, which serves as a museum. For the most unique experience is the best to take Gondola to go around the canals, the guide is included, so you will also discover some unknown points of interest. 

What to eat, drink - Well this place is a bit overpriced but if you're lucky there are a few hidden spots with some offers. For example, I found a bar with 1 Aperol and bruschetta for 5Euro in total. The typical meals from here are Bigoly in salsa (pasta with anchovies) or Risotto al nero di seppia (risotto with ink of the cuttlefish). Venice offers many bars and restaurants with the view on canals, which I recommend because it makes the atmosphere even more magical. For drinks, you can try their regional wine, prosecco or Spritz Veneziano. 

Approximate days - I've been there for a 1 day, but I think 2 days could be enough for the full experience. 

My review 👍The city has its own unique atmosphere like no other, worth to visit it at least once a lifetime. 👎Mostly crowded, more expensive, not possible to visit all year long, because of the floods.

Pictures:

1. Ponte di Rialto

2. Bigoly in salsa

3. Gondola with the view on Grand Canal

4. Gondola views on canal

5. Doge's palace

6. St. Marks Square 



That's the end of the next part, hope you liked it and I will come back soon with another suggestions for Italian trips.

Yours Suzy💙

Komentáře

  1. The food sounds lovely! Visiting Italy is definitely on my bucket list - would love to taste authentic Italian coffee too <3

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. The food sounds really lovely indeed! Visiting Italy is definitely on my bucket list - would really love to taste some authentic Italian coffee since I'm a coffee addict!

    OdpovědětVymazat

Okomentovat