My Master year abroad

Hey guys,
If you are wondering where I have disappeared during this year I will tell you in this post, coz since I have Covid now, I have time to write about this. 😅

After I graduated with bachelor in my country, I decided to try something new and found a university in Spain where I decided to go for my master. Firstly I was very excited about it and started to fill all the documents necessary to get to this Uni and believe me..it was more than enough. After the successful acceptance I could start to prepare all the necessary things, like search for accommodation etc..My semester was supposed to start on October but in the end because of the pandemic it was postponed to January..as I can really tell after this experience, this university and Spain in general is really bad with all the organization...which was sometimes making me crazy.

Murcia city
Okay so to start with THE Day. Everything was more complicated than I have expected. First of all the journey was pretty long, in total 8,30 hours of travelling and mostly because of this current situation. I started with flight from Prague Airport to Barcelona, where I have stayed for one night in hotel. The next morning I continued by bus to Valencia and from there to Murcia, where my uni was located. Because of some sketchy experiences with the landlords I still didn't have any flat to live in, so I had rented an Airbnb for a week to have time for searching and see the flats as they are...I saw many of them and its really funny back then, because on the pictures most of them looked normal and in reality they were in terrible state! And to say I'm not very picky, but the important thing for me was to live in a  safe location, which in the end was still one big chaos, because in total I moved 3 times :D Firstly to a flat in an area I thought was safe but in the end it was full of ''weirdos'' (selling drugs..etc) and the landlord was actually black selling all these apartments so it wasn't a good idea, but after a problem with insects in one apartment I decided to give her another chance to move to another of her flats...there wasn't actually many options..because my uni already started, and I was really busy with all the studies and I didn't have time to deal with it. After moving to another apartment, which was just in another floor of the same building I appeared in a flat with 2 really weird boys. In the end I moved out to another apartment closer to the centre and far from her :D and later on she was even caught by the police because of her illegal business.😂

The university
To come back to the uni. Firstly we had a welcoming day, where we were only 3 students...ended up 3 girls becoming really good friends and spending all this master together. Later on other students joined us and because of the pandemic the lectures were both present and online. As I didn't say this was a master program for one year so it was literally a year full of study with almost no breaks and many changes in the program were really pissing us off. After my bachelor I didn't really do much, this year was really crazy and my stress was going really high. I was most of the time very busy with the lectures or essays and didn't really have time to travel around, but still I managed to visit come cities like Alicante, Granada or Valencia, which was my last city I visited and from here I decided to go back home to visit my family and join my postponed graduation of my bachelor, since I had a few days break to do it after I have finished all the subjects. But before Valencia I also had to pack all my suitcases, because I had to move to another city for compulsory internship.

Cartagena city
In the beginning of July I came back to Spain and I started to work in the city called Cartagena. Here I also had an Airbnb for a few days to find an apartment and I found one till end of August and then I moved to the apartment next door by the same landlord. Most of these months from July to September I spent writing my thesis and going to work. I got an internship in a 4-star hotel in the centre of Cartagena where I could finally practice my Spanish, because as I didn't say I had my master program in English. In the middle of September I went back to my country because my master defence took place online and I already finished my internship. In the end of September I had the final defence and I fortunately passed it all. In the end I want to say that I don't want to name this uni because I would not very recommend it. Their system and behaviour was not very right, cost me a lot of problems and stress till now. But in the other hand I take it as an experience which was meant to happened and I learned a lot from it (I hope :D) Btw. just to tell you how fast they are..after finishing my studies in September, I still don't have the diploma in my hand and its already end of January 😅


That is all for now from my experience of studying abroad. If you have any specific question about it, don't hesitate to ask me. In the next post I can explain more about the cities I have visited in Spain and give you some recommendations and of course I will finish the last part of the road trip.


Stay healthy!

Yours Suzy 💙

Komentáře

  1. After living and working abroad for a year, I always recommend it to everyone. It is an amazing experience. Too bad your school was not what you expected, but as you said, you had the experience of studying and working in another country, which is amazing. Would you like to live in Spain again if you had the opportunity to do so?

    Nury

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Thank you for your comment, and to say I think if I would have the opportunity to live in other Spanish cities I would love to, for example the north of Spain is very beautiful to live in.

      Vymazat
  2. This sounds like such an amazing experience and I'm glad you shared it with the blogging community.

    OdpovědětVymazat

Okomentovat