Solo trip around Italy n.1 - Itinerary for Bergamo and Brescia

JANUARY

To say, I'm normally organised person when it comes to travelling, but after this period of time when is everything changing so quickly and nobody knows what may happen the next day, I started to be more spontaneous which is sometimes a bit complicated for my personality, but since this is my first year after I finished my studies and I don't have a proper job or thought what I really want to do, I decided to earn some money, take my backpack and travel around Italy. I started to write this even before I went there, because normally I prefer to write about it while it is happening, or after it happened, so I know it is really real, but this is like a promise to me, that I will really do it haha.

This idea has not any certain plan, but I know, I want to start my journey from the north and continue to the south (I already have a list of some cities I want to visit). The goal is to travel alone, meet my Italian friends, meet some new people and sleep mostly in hostels or Airbnb.

In the end of the trip I will do a travel guide what to see, do and eat in each place.


MAY

Hello again!

Last week I came from my solo trip around Italy, so here I am with my evaluation of my journey. The following posts will be about certain places/cities and my recommendations on them.

Duration of the trip - 1st of April - 11th of May 2022.


BERGAMO

To this city I flew from Czech for my first destination. Why I didn't fly to Milano? The flights are mostly cheaper to the smaller cities, but my main reason was that I just prefer smaller cities rather than bigger ones.

Bergamo is a bit omitted city in Lombardy region, surrounded by mountains. It is full of ancient architecture and medieval atmosphere. The city is divided into 2 main parts - the lower part (Bergamo Bassa) which is the newer part and the upper part (Citta Alta), the historical part of the city.

Accommodation - I choose an Airbnb a bit out of the centre (better price), since I wanted to do my trip a bit of low cost. For further details dm me.

What to see - Citta Alta - an old part of the city surrounded by Venetian walls (good views on the city) and gates with narrow streets full of cafés, restaurants and shops. Take the Funicolari for the best views on the city (the best in the sunset time). Monuments - Basilica of St. Mary Major, Cappella Colleoni. Tempietto di Santa Croce or Piazza Vecchia and Botanic Garden with donkeys.

What to eat - There is many good small restaurants in the old city (Citta Alta) - for example Il Fornaio (really good pizza and pastry). In the new part of the city is good restaurant with Neapolitan pizza named Pizzanto. For cafes I suggest to go to Piazza Vecchia or in general the Citta Alta is full of good cafés.

Approximate stay - 2 days (by my opinion). 

My Review - 👍+ Kind people, nature and views, rich history, good food and atmosphere. 👎- Smaller city, not many activities for longer stay.

 View on the Old city (Citta Alta)                                      Cappella Colleoni

  View from the Venetian walls on the city               Botanic Garden and view on the city

 Pizzeria - Il Fornaio                                                    Pizzeria - Pizzanto


Take a one day trip to BRESCIA

Brescia is a historical city an hour long (by train) from Bergamo. This place was just a quick stop between my journey from Bergamo to Verona, so I spent here only a few hours. Unfortunately I did not try here any restaurant or café, but still saw many interesting places.

What to see - Civici Musei d'Arte e Storia Santa Giulia, Tempio Capitolino, Piazza del Foro and Roman theatre, Duomo Nuovo, Chateau de Brescia or Piazza della Loggia.

My Review - 👍+ Rich historical places, narrow streets.👎- Small city, less activities. As I said, I didn't stay for long time, so there is not many things I can say, but I still recommend you to visit this city. 


  Catedral of Santa Maria Assunta                                        The Old Catedral

Tempio Capitolino                                                   Chateau de Brescia


I hope you liked the type of article, let me know in the comments.

Yours Suzy. 💙



Komentáře

  1. If I don't visit Italy for anything else I would definitely visit for the food. I don't recall reading about these two cities before but it does seem like you enjoyed the trip.Thank you for sharing your experience.

    OdpovědětVymazat

Okomentovat