Solo trip around Italy n.3 - Itinerary for Lago di Garda

Hellooo! 😊

Here is another part of my solo trip. I am apologizing for this long pause, I honestly just wasn't in the mood to write and didn't want to force it, since it's my hobby and not an obligation.
So to come back to my Italian journey.  We are still located in the north, continuing with the trip to famous lake Lago di Garda and the cities around it.

Trip itinerary: I went by train from the previous destination Verona to the city named Desenzano del Garda (approx 20 minutes ride). Here I walked around the bottom part of the lake. I passed through these cities: Desenzano, Sirmione and Peschiera del Garda - Together about 21 km on foot. From Peschiera I went back by train to Verona (approx 15 minutes ride). Coz I still had an accommodation there.


Desenzano del Garda

The first city where I've started my trip. It is a port city full of cute restaurants, bars and amazing views on the Alps. I really enjoyed the colourful buildings and the flower decorations all the way around the city.  It's said that it also has a rich night-life, well this I didn't experience since I went there only during the day😁(maybe next time). But there is still many things to admire. I did this trip in April, so it was already quite hot but still the air was really fresh near the lake.


Sirmione

From Desenzano I continued to this city.  As I was walking there, I saw many beautiful villas with flower gardens. This place is also called a thermal city, because it has wellness spa with thermal springs. In general, it is really wonderful medieval place, at that time it was all filled with different kinds of tulips which made the place super colourful and full of amazing aroma. The city itself looked more touristic than the previous one. Dominant of the city is a castle called Rocca Scaligera which is build on the water. The centre is made up of small winding streets filled with different kinds of shops, boutiques, restaurants offering fresh seafood, bars and ice cream shops. And it's surrounded by lemons everywhere!🍋 I really loved the atmosphere here!



Peschiera del Garda

My next and the last station for today was this city, I was pretty tired after all day walking but still wanted to explore this place since I was already here. 

The city is again filled with flower decorations and colourful houses which gave it such a beautiful look. The old part is located on three small islands and the centre is surrounded by historical walls and a river. It all creates an interesting layout of the city. I really enjoyed the walk around, because there were so many beautiful hidden places to see.

                                                                                                                                   
To sum up this trip: 
The cities around the lake are quite small, but I think it's worth to visit each of them, because every city here has its own magical atmosphere.💫 (at least from the cities I visited of course)

👍 I really liked how they take care of all these cities I've visited. Everything seemed very clean, and I loved the flower decorations too. People are very friendly. 
👎I would say mostly the amount of tourists in the cities, but that's nothing new. And other minus point for me and message for my future self is to TAKE A BIKE! Because I wanted to see more places but didn't really have time for it. 

That is the end of another part of my trip. 
Hope you enjoy my posts, let me know. I'm looking forward to it!

Yours Suzy💙


The last picture from Peschiera is by welcometoitalia.com.

Komentáře