Australia diaries (Farm life part 2)

Hey guys!😊

I'm really happy that you like to follow my journey here in Australia, so here I am with a new post. I will try to write here once a week, hopefully😁 

Today I would like to start with a little explanation of the actual 88 days that are one of the requirements of visa application, if you want to extend your second year here in Australia. Pretty much Australia is having quite some (criteria) if you want to enter the country and same if you want to stay here a bit longer. You can come as a visitor, that should be up to 3 months, student or have a working and holiday visa. I’ve chosen the option of WHV (462).

Now I will be applying for my second year visa here and that is why I need to do my 88 days. This is more specified on the amount of hours you have to make, the possible location, type of work etc...as an example I’ve chosen a farm work as you could tell from the previous post, and now I’m living in North Queensland, more than 130 km from the nearest town, with 10 another people, no signal on my phone, limited Wi-Fi and surrounded just with cows and other animals haha yea I think I can tell I’m really living in the middle of nowhere.😅

For somebody interested in the application there are more information on the MZV website (in Czechia), coz this is just very shortly said.

Moving on to my working life here on a cattle farm. I work 6 days a week (more than 40 h a week), doing multiple things but mainly cooking, taking care of animals and doing work around the house (such as cleaning, gardening, watering and other necessary stuff). It's gonna be almost a month and half since I came here (almost halfway through my journey), so I think that now it's gonna be easier to explain more or less what are my tasks.

This is an example of my daily schedule during the first weeks:

Starting by April 9th and onwards:

Waking up at 5:30 am, getting ready for 5:50 to let the dogs out from cages where they stay overnight, 6 am there is non-official breakfast, where I don't cook yet, but if somebody is hungry they can have a piece of bread with spreads or some fruit. 6:30 am I start feeding the animals. Starting with chickens, then sheep, preparing powder milk for the calf and horse, also giving them dry food, continuing with feeding the outdoor and indoor cat. All includes cleaning and all that's needed.

After that, I change into something more comfy and start cooking, normally I get into the kitchen by 8 am and I have to prepare breakfast, lunch and diner till 9:30 when the Smoko (Breakfast) starts, finishes by 10 am. Then I have time for cleaning or whatever is normally necessary to do in the house. About 12:30 I warm up lunch and 1pm the lunch starts, then we have a break till 3 pm but since I'm responsible for the dishes and cleaning too, the break is normally shorter for me🙈. After 3 pm I start with watering the garden, finishing by 5:30 pm when I start feeding the animals again. Chickens, sheep, calf, horse, cats and now also dogs which I feed in their cages. Then I go take a shower and starts preparing the diner, that starts 7:30 pm.

The days are more or less same so no need to explain every single one of them but as one of the highlights there was a Dirt and Dust event, meaning that we went to the town for the weekend to see the horse races and rodeos.

That was from the 19th-12th of April🐎🐂:

On Friday till about 2 pm all the work had to be done, and then we got ready, and we set out to the town. We built our tents and in the evening went to see some rodeos with bulls, honestly not my cup of tea, but it was interesting to see and nice to be outside of the farm for a while. After the rodeo there was also live music, some entertainment and food trucks. The next day there were a horse races, so everybody was nicely dresses which was a big change after being dirty 24/7 haha after the races we had some time to get ready and chill a bit and in the evening the rodeos started again. Sunday morning we mostly packed our things, had breakfast and went back to the farm, because from 3 pm we started to work again. But it was a fun weekend.









That were more or less my first weeks here and later on it changed a bit because of winter staring here and something important for the farmers which is mustering, but about this in my next post.

To sum it all up it's a VERY different lifestyle, which I really wanted to try, but never expected that this is gonna be a part of my journey haha. Pretty much it's quite of a big step of my comfort zone, but I'm glad I did it. The main differences here are that, you actually realize that you are really in the middle of nowhere after you come here because we can't go anywhere alone, coz we could get killed by wild pigs or dingos and if we go out of the farm we have to let somebody know haha wild! Also, it's quite challenging to work from 5:30 am to 8 pm with some breaks of course, but I'm on my feet all day so not gonna lie, it is tiring. But the thing I love the most (as most of you who know me know) is taking care of the animals, because they are just such a cute creatures and always makes my day better.💞


Have a great day! See you next week 😊

Yours Suzy 💙


Komentáře